Wednesday, August 6, 2008

From Famine to Feast

My good friend, Marisa, put me in contact with her brother Martin in Bariloche. Martin is a chef at a fancy hotel (I think 4 star, but not sure) named the Casco Art Hotel. I made plan to meet Martin at the hotel on my first night. Since my plane was delayed, I didn’t land in Bariloche until the planned meeting time. So threw my things into my hostel and took the first cab to the hotel. Mind you, this is an extremely nice hotel. Expensive art and sculptors line the ornate property. I, on the other hand, am not fancy. Lacking a shower and shave for nearly a week, I stumble into the hotel looking (and smelling) like a hobo. Nonetheless, Martin sat me down in the dining room and commenced the most exquisite gastronomical event in my life. Plate after plate of incredible food was delivered alongside glasses of wine paired with the dished by the Sommelier. My meals of salami and peanut butter from previous weeks were soon forgotten as I gorged myself into a food coma.





Compliments to the Chef, Martin!

No comments: